Bank Holiday in Aldeburgh
If you’re heading to the Suffolk Coast for May Half Term here’s a few of our suggestions for great things to do in Aldeburgh.
Be it in the form of 2 or 4 legged heroes, there’s action-packed adventure waiting for you at Aldeburgh Cinema. Also showing is the Oscar winning Nomadland but hurry as it’s selling out quickly: www.aldeburghcinema.co.uk
Aldeburgh Jubilee Hall
Aldeburgh Jubilee Hall is delighted to be able to open again and they start their 2021 Concert Series with the Aldeburgh Jubilee Hall Ensemble on 29 May. Take a look at their website for other forthcoming events: www.aldeburghjubileehall.co.uk
Fishers Gin Distillery Tours
For the gin lovers amongst you the Distillery Tours are now up and running again at Fisher’s Gin with the Seasonal Tour and a slightly longer Sundowner Tour. It is a beautiful location and the gin’s not bad either 😉 Book now at: www.fishersgin.com
The Red House, Aldeburgh
Whether you’re a fan of classical music or not, The Red House in Aldeburgh is a really lovely place to visit. The home of Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears is a wonderful snapshot in time and there’s a museum shop, pop-up cafe and beautiful gardens to explore. You do need to book in advance: www.brittenpears.org. The Red House is also part of the National Garden Scheme and will be open for this on Bank Holiday Monday (31st May) – you can book tickets at: https://ngs.org.uk/view-garden/42451
We are spoilt for choice of places to eat in Aldeburgh and this list is by no means exhaustive!
- The Lighthouse – open for over 20 years this is a real favourite with our customers and we guarantee you a delicious meal and a warm welcome.
- Regatta – standing proudly on Aldeburgh High Street Regatta serves great meals brought to you by brothers Alex and Oliver. They also run The Golden Key and Plough & Sail at Snape – great choices if you’re walking the Sailor’s Path from Aldeburgh to Snape!
- L’Escargot – the newest addition to the High Street but already a well established favourite, L’Escargot offers a wonderful dining experience. They are currently open for lunch and dinner Weds – Sun but you’ll definitely need to book in advance.
- Aldeburgh Fish & Chips – how could we not mention the infamous Fish and Chips. Our favourite place to enjoy them is on the beach (just watch out for the seagulls) but you can also eat in at the Golden Galleon.
- The Aldeburgh Market – if you love fish you’ll love The Aldeburgh Market! Take a look at the Summer Menu on their website.
- We have three lovely hotels in Aldeburgh, all offering different dining experiences to suit everyone. Whether it’s a sea view at The Brudenell, Sea Spice at The White Lion or superb service at The Wentworth they all have something very special to offer.
As we said this really isn’t an exhaustive list, there’s so much on offer in Aldeburgh and we look forward to seeing you in town.