Give us a call...
If you have any questions about using this website or would like to speak to us about an order call 01728 452229.
Visit us in-store
Come and browse through our whole collection in our shop in Aldeburgh, Suffolk
We accept all these methods of payment:
Aldeburgh and Beyond
We're very proud to be based in Aldeburgh because we absolutely love it here. The Suffolk Heritage Coast is a beautiful place and if you haven't been up this way before then we wholeheartedly recommend it. As well as the traditional seaside town of Aldeburgh with its fishing huts, fish and chips and summer carnival, there are numerous other magnets for visitors. These include the magnificent walks on Dunwich Heath, the pretty seaside village of Walberswick and its better known neighbour Southwold, Orford, Thorpeness, the RSPB bird reserve at Minsmere and the wide range of music concerts at Snape Maltings. Of course when you're here, don't forget to pop in to O&C Butcher!
We'd also like to mention some of our local friends who you might find useful if you're planning a holiday in Aldeburgh:
Places to stay in Aldeburgh
Outstanding, chic self-catering cottages throughout Suffolk with Best of Suffolk: www.bestofsuffolk.co.uk
The Brudenell Hotel: www.brudenellhotel.co.uk (don't miss the great food by Head Chef Justin Kett at The Bru Restaurant)
The White Lion Hotel: Having recently undergone a complete refurbishment this seafront hotel boasts a new bar & brasserie with fresh, local produce. www.whitelion.co.uk
The Wentworth Hotel: www.wentworth-aldeburgh.com
Things to do in Aldeburgh
If you have a passion for music and the arts you may want to take a look at the events listings at Aldeburgh Music, in the summer months the Southwold Summer Theatre visits Aldeburgh with a full programme of classic productions. Catch up on an exhibition at Thompson's Galleries or take in the latest film releases at Aldeburgh Cinema, which was built in the 19th century but offers the latest in screen and sound technology.
Why not meet the crew at Aldeburgh Lifeboat Station and take a tour.
Feeling active then Thorpness Golf Club offers a pay and play round of golf or try your hand at tennis on the towns pay and play courts.
- Every year on the 3rd Monday of August the Aldeburgh Carnival and Regatta comes to town featuring three days of family entertainment with the whole of the town becoming involved.
- Places to eat in Aldeburgh
- Check out the chip shop queue web cam during the summer to see the best time to get Aldeburghs infamous fish and chips from the Golden Galleon, you can either eat upstairs in their restaurant or get a take out to eat them on the seafront.
- Consider booking a table at the Regatta, their gourmet evenings are certainly worth a mention as well.
- Try the Lighthouse Restaurant where fabulous local produce is served by their head chef Guy Welsh.
For lots more ideas and activities in Aldeburgh take a look at the Visit Aldeburgh website.